Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'd like to make an appointment, please.

I had this conversation this morning when I answered the phone (I sometimes do that).

"Good morning, Dr Schoor's office."
Pt: "Yes, I'd like to make an appointment for my husband. He needs a vasectomy."
"Sure, when would you like him seen?"
Pt: "As soon as possible!"
"Ok, we've had 2 openings today. How about today at 6PM?"
Pt: "Can't."
"Ok, how about tomorrow morning."
pt: "Can't"
"How about Friday? You tell me when he would like to come in, and we'll try to fit him in. A vas consult is generally quick."
pt: "Can't, But can he come on Saturday?"
"How about 11:00AM. Its my only opening on Saturday."
pt: "Can't. We need 11:30AM."
"Ok, I'll squeeze him in, but he may have to wait a bit."
pt: "Ok."

5 minutes later she calls back. "Sorry can't do it Saturday. How about next Saturday?"
"Can't"

What the !@#&